DELUXE HARDBACK EDITION
LIMITED EDITION WOODEN BOX SET
- LARGE FORMAT CROWN QUATRO SIZE (10 x 7.9 in)
- BOUND IN BLACK CLOTH
- SILVER STAMPED COVER, SPINE AND BACK COVER ART
- INTERNAL PRINTING ON HIGH-QUALITY 128gsm ART PAPER
- DELUXE HARDBACK EDITION BOOK
- ACTUAL-SIZE REPRODUCTION OF MÉLIÈS'S FULL HANDWRITTEN MANUSCRIPT
- EXCLUSIVE MÉLIÈS PORTRAIT ART PRINT BY LEGENDARY CINEMA POSTER ARTIST GRAHAM HUMPHREYS
- EXCLUSIVE WORLD-OF-MÉLIÈS ART PRINT BY RENOWNED ILLUSTRATOR/GRAPHIC DESIGNER NICK RHODES
- HOLOGRAPHIC FOIL-STAMPED MÉLIÈS MOON ART PRINT
- REAL 35mm FILM STRIP OF MÉLIÈS'S MOST FAMOUS SCENE
- STAR FILM ENAMEL PIN
- REPLICA OF ORIGINAL MÉLIÈS-SIGNED STAR FILMS SALES DOCKET
- SIMULATED MÉLIÈS BUSINESS CARD
- ALL PACKAGED IN A LARGE MÉLIÈS-BRANDED WOODEN KEEPSAKE BOX WITH BRASS FITTINGS (13 x 9 x 2.3 in)
- NUMBERED LIMITED EDITION OF 1896
IN 1896, GEORGES MÉLIÈS WAS THE MAN WHO FIRST BROUGHT MAGIC TO CINEMA.
Writer, director, actor, magician, he was the first great storyteller of the moving image and the pioneer of special effects.
In 1937, a year before he died, he hand-wrote his autobiography in a 32-page document. He told the decades-long story of his central role in the creation of cinema and the subsequent fall which left him bankrupt and forgotten.
This is a first-hand account of the birth of cinema from its greatest innovator, an illuminating and eccentric testimony which has been out-of-print for many decades and never previously available in English.
ALONG WITH THE BOOK, WE STOCK A SELECTION OF T-SHIRTS AND HOODIES. UNLIKE THE CHEAP PRINT-ON-DEMAND DIGITALLY PRINTED MÉLIÈS CLOTHES YOU'LL FIND ELSEWHERE ON THE INTERNET, THESE ARE IN-STOCK, HIGH-QUALITY SCREENPRINTED GARMENTS.
****The shop is now closed for the holiday season, feel free to make purchases but please be aware that we won't be shipping orders out until January 4th 2021 - Happy Holidays to you from all of us at georgesmelies.co.uk****